FARRAH FAWCETT Charlies Angels Notebook 96 Pages 1977 Excellent
1. Farrah Leni Fawcett ~ February 2, 1947 – June 25, 2009, was an American actress & artist. A multiple Golden Globe & Emmy Award nominee, Farrah rose to international fame when she first appeared as private investigator Jill Munroe in the first season of the TV series Charlie's Angels in 1976. She won a People's Choice Award for Favorite Performer in a New TV Program ~ Charlie's Angels. She later appeared off-Broadway to critical approval & in highly rated & critically acclaimed television movies & Hollywood films.
2. Fawcett was a sex symbol whose iconic swimsuit poster, released the same year Charlie's Angels premiered broke sales records, making her an instant international pop culture icon. Even her hair style was iconic & emulated by millions of young women for nearly a decade. Sales estimates for the 1976 Pro Arts Inc., swimsuit poster ranged from 8 to 12 million copies. Farrah acknowledged as a shrewd businesswoman, retained ownership of the image & made millions of dollars on sales of the poster alone.
3. Farrah was born in Corpus Christi, Texas, the younger of two daughters. Her mother, Pauline Alice (née Evans), was a homemaker & her father, James William Fawcett, was an oil field contractor. She was of French, English & Choctaw Native American ancestry. Her name 'Farrah' was made up by her mother because it went well with their last name.
4. A devout Roman Catholic, Farrah's early education was at the parish school of the church her family attended, St. Patrick's Roman Catholic Church in Corpus Christi. She graduated from W. B. Ray High School in Corpus Christi in 1965. Farrah attended the University of Texas at Austin 1965 – 1968 living one semester in Jester Center as sister of Delta Delta Delta Sorority. During her sophomore year, she appeared in a photo of the 'Ten Most Beautiful Coeds' from the university, which ran in Cashbox magazine. A Hollywood publicist saw the photo, called Farrah & urged her to move to Los Angeles to try her luck in Hollywood, THE REST IS HISTORY!
5. During the 1960s - 1970s Farrah appeared in TV commercials for consumer products, including Noxzema shaving cream, Ultra Brite toothpaste, Wella Balsam shampoo & the 1975 Mercury Cougar. In 1978, after achieving TV stardom, she developed her own brand of hair care products, marketed by Fabergé, for which she also appeared in a series of commercials & print ads.
6. Fawcett's first TV series appearance was a guest spot on I Dream of Jeannie in the 1968 – 1969 season, followed by guest appearances in Owen Marshall: Counselor at Law. She later appeared in The Six Million Dollar Man with Lee Majors, which first aired in 1974, The Dating Game & several episodes of Harry O alongside David Janssen.
7. The 1980s - 1990s marked her movie career. Most notably The Burning Bed which earned her the first of her four Emmy Award nominations. The miniseries Small Sacrifices earned her a second Emmy nomination & her sixth Golden Globe Award nomination. During the 2000s she continued to work on TV programs like Spin City & The Guardian, her work on the latter show earning her a third Emmy nomination.
8. Farrah's first magazine cover was the 1975 Cosmopolitan & she appeared on many magazine covers there after. In December 1995 she posed seminude in Playboy, which became the best-selling issue of the 1990s, with over four million copies sold worldwide. At the age of 50, she returned to Playboy with a pictorial for the July 1997 issue, which also became a top seller. The issue & its accompanying video featured Fawcett painting on canvas using her body, which had been an ambition of hers for years.
Signature & Art ~ Mint * Script Used On Set By Farrah
9. Farrah was married to Lee Majors, star of TV's The Six Million Dollar Man, from 1973 - 1982. Romantically involved with actor Ryan O'Neal from 1982 - 1997. The relationship produced a son, Redmond James Fawcett O'Neal, born January 1985 in Los Angeles. While filming her reality TV show in 2005 'Chasing Farrah' she became romantically involved again with Ryan O'Neal.
10. Farrah was diagnosed with anal cancer in 2006 & began treatment, including chemotherapy & surgery. Four months later on her 60th birthday, the Associated Press wire service reported that Farrah was at that point cancer free. In 2007 the cancer returned, aided by her friend Alana Stewart, Farrah documented her battle with the disease. The two-hour documentary Farrah's Story, aired on NBC on May 15, 2009. The documentary was watched by nearly nine million people at its premiere airing & it was re-aired on the broadcast network's cable stations MSNBC, Bravo & Oxygen. Farrah earned her fourth Emmy nomination posthumously on July 16, 2009, as producer of Farrah's Story. The beautiful Farrah Leni Fawcett died on June 25, 2009, in the intensive care unit of Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, with O'Neal & Stewart by her side. Farrah is buried at the Westwood Village Memorial Park in Los Angeles, California.
Playboy founder Hugh Hefner said "Farrah was one of the iconic beauties of our time. Her girl-next-door charm combined with stunning looks made her a star on film, TV & the printed page."
Pristine Excellent * Owned & Worn By Farrah
In March 2010, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences caused controversy when Fawcett was excluded from the 'In Memoriam' montage at the 82nd Academy Awards ceremony. AMPAS executive director Bruce Davis cited Fawcett's recognition at the 61st Prime-time Emmy Awards for her "Remarkable Television Work,".
June 25th 2009 was our 20th Wedding Anniversary, so we will never forget the day the gorgeous Angel Farrah Fawcett & the incredible King Of Pop Michael Jackson died... They & their families will always be in our hearts & prayers.
All items pictured on this post are part of our personal Farrah Fawcett Collection & can be purchased in our eBay Store.
Just Click: COOL COLLECTIBLES
© 2007 ~ 2010 Todaysgold Publications ~ All Rights Reserved ~