Seems to be A glitch On Bloggers Alignment
We Are Working On This
Please Scroll To View Entire Blog ~ Thank You

For Vintage Collectibles & Golden Age Hollywood Movie Star Memorabilia
Please Check Out Our eBay Cool Collectibles Store ~ Open 24/7
Just Click:
COOL COLLECTIBLES

Monday, October 29, 2007

LADY LYNDY SORCERESS OF LIGHT




*LADY LYNDY SORCERESS OF LIGHT*
*WHEN LIGHTNING STRUCK ON ONE HALLOWEEN NIGHT*
*DEAR ABBY & ELVIRA BECAME ONE WITH THE LIGHT*
*HAUNTINGLY YOURS, LADY LYNDY*

Each of the Four Sacred Seasons: Spring Equinox, Summer Solstice, Autumnal Equinox & Winter Solstice, Dear Lady Lyndy will present for your viewing pleasure answers to your questions received through blogging comments &/or email.

This Sacred Season is the Autumnial Equinox & the Topic is:
HALLOWEEN OOAK ARTWORK

DEAR LADY LYNDY,
What is OOAK ARTWORK anyway?
JASON FROM AUGUSTA MAINE

DEAR JASON FROM AUGUSTA MAINE,
Original One Of A Kind Artwork.

****************************

DEAR LADY LYNDY,
I have a friend that recently bought an OOAK Halloween artwork only to find reproductions of the same piece by Department 56 at her local gift shop. What's up with that & how can she tell for sure if her artwork is truly OOAK?
MALIBU MARY

DEAR MALIBU MARY,
Your friend should have a COA Certificate Of Authenticity signed & dated by the Halloween artist as well as the artwork having been signed somewhere on the piece. Without some form of documentation, unless one knows the artist personally your friend may have a reproduction. Companies like Department 56, Hallmark, Disney, Franklin Mint, Ashton Drake, Danbury Mint, Bethany Lowe Designs, etc., have some of the best reproductions on the market today. In time even the reproductions will go up in value especially if there was a signed limited edition of what was produced.

****************************

DEAR LADY LYNDY,
My mother recently passed away leaving me her entire collection of wooden hand carved Halloween black cats. I have absolutely no documentation & yes the cats are all signed. Where can I find information on what this Halloween black cat collection might be worth?
CINDY HOUSTON TX

DEAR CINDY HOUSTON TX,
My soulful condolences to you & yours. Check on the Internet by using tag words like HALLOWEEN BLACK CAT WOOD CARVED. Also eBay & other auction sites may be selling the very same cats. So check those sites as well with the tag words & the name signed on the cat collection.

****************************

DEAR LADY LYNDY,
I'm a new artist wanting to sell my OOAK Halloween art work on the Internet. Would you recommend a website for my art work or just selling on an auction site like eBay?
HALLOWEEN MAN

DEAR HALLOWEEN MAN,
I would recommend both. During leaner times you can set up a website for selling your art work that did not sell on eBay as well as showcasing your new art work.

****************************

DEAR LADY LYNDY,
Is Halloween Original OOAK Artwork something that is just a fad or is it something that one should collect because it might go up in value?
MR. J. CHISUM

DEAR MR. J. CHISUM,
Halloween dates back to Celtic rituals thousands of years ago. Therefore Halloween OOAK Artwork will always be in vogue & not a fad. A vintage Victorian Louis Wain Black Cat OOAK Halloween Watercolor Painting recently sold on the auction block for $18,000.00. Today's Investment quality Halloween OOAK Artwork depending on expertise of the artist can garner hundreds of dollars, even thousands of dollars with a proven increase & faster return for the Halloween Art Collector.

****************************


>^..^< MAY THE SPIRITS OF LIGHT BE WITH YOU FOREVERMORE, LADY LYNDY >^..^<

Looking forward to the Winter Solstice & your questions received through blogging comments &/or email.

LADY LYNDY SORCERESS OF LIGHT is an advice column on COLLECTING HALLOWEEN OOAK ARTWORK.
DEAR LADY LYNDY is written by Lyndy Rae Ward

© 2007 Todaysgold Publications ~ All Rights Reserved ~

12 comments:

Witchy-Poodle-Art said...

Dear Lady Lyndy,

What a great idea for Halloween Art Collectors!

My collection consists of a "cross collectible", Shafford black cat figurines and kitchen items. My latest find is a spice set!

Good luck!
Becky, a fellow Halloween artist

Carolee said...

Great idea to do a collector's Q&A, Lyndy! Have a magickal Halloween!

~ Carolee

Creager Studios said...

Another Great Idea Lyndy... May you have many wonderful questions and may you guide collectors on that glorious journey called Halloween

Jodi

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Thanks Lyndy! Love your new blog collector's corner article & great Elvira pic! :)

Happy Halloween Always!

Best,
Chris

LYNDY WARD said...

Dear Becky, I collect Shafford Blacks too my kindred sister. Glad you love your Halloween Sweater.
HAVE A WONDERFUL HALLOWEEN!
Blessings Always, Lyndy

Dear Carolee, I need to start promoting my Halloween artbook & what better way.
Have a 'Magickal Halloween' back at you..
Best, Lyndy

Dear Jodi, thank you for your kindness & genuine friendship. My favorite summer vacations were on Lake Havasu. Parasailing being my favorite pastime & speed boating under the London Bridge... Can't get much better than that!
Hugs, Lyndy

Dear Chris, I feel your sadness right through my computer, it's OK I'm psychic & everything will be as it should because EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON...
Hugs, Lyndy

Unknown said...

May you enlighten all to the wonders of OOAK Halloween art!
Happy Hallowe'en Lady Lyndy ;) Lori

vintagepaletteart said...

Thank you Lyndy for all those helpful Halloween collecting tips! Next year, I need to do more black cats again! And yes, I will tell Joyce to do more black cat dolls! =o)

Merry Halloween!!!
Lori

Iva Wilcox said...

Happy Halloween Lyndy. Hope you and your hubby have a grand time tonight...Iva

Johanna Parker said...

Lyndy...

What a fun idea to offer Halloween art collecting Q's and A's... Thank you for bringing awareness to the art of Halloween....We artists greatly appreciate your support!

Speaking of collecting, YES, you can still send me photos of your Halloween collections for my Blog! I would love to see my creations in your home!....so send 'em on over, and I'll post them!

Thanks for the Halloween Birthday wishes as well!!!!

Hugs,
~ Johanna

Random York said...

Lyndy! You are a Blog-Master! (Mistress?) I thoroughly enjoy your blog! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
John

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Hi Lyndy, Thanks for stopping by on Halloween and sending me well wishes. You have done a fantastic job on your blog. You have been a busy girl. Looks great.

LYNDY WARD said...

*Dear Lori (RR), thank you for such kind words. I will do my best...
Halloween Hugs & Chocolate Kisses, Lyndy

*Dear Lori (VP), thank you too for your kind words as well. Yes, the world never has enough black cats. Thank you for letting Joyce know I sent Halloween Wishes & Black Cat Requests...
Magickal Merriment, Lyndy

*Dear Iva, I hope you had a wonderful memory filled day with your family too. You know love is all around you & yours especially from high above...
Stardust Mystical Love, Lyndy

*Dear Johanna, What a lucky girl you are to be born on such a Magical Halloween Day. I'll get working on my 'Johanna Collection' ASAP...
Magick & Much Joy, Lyndy

*Dear John, I love that phrase: 'Blog-Mistress' & coming from the 'Blog-Master' I feel honored!
Halloween Blessings Always, Lyndy

*Dear Kim, thank you for checking out my Blog too. I'm so happy you enjoyed it. I hope you & yours had a wonderful Halloween too. Love your Blog Avatar...
Halloween Dreams Are In The Air, Lyndy